Reiki (RAY-key) is a gentle hands-on energy healing modality that calms the central nervous system so the mind and body can heal naturally. The central nervous system consists of the brain, spinal cord, nerve endings, optic and auditory nerves, and the upper digestive system.
Reiki benefits include the following:
- Calm mind
- Relaxed body
- Reduced stress
- Improved mental focus
- Increased physical energy
- Improved sleep
- Increased intuition/psychic abilities
- Balanced emotions of empaths, highly sensitive people, and those on the autism spectrum
Complementary medicine practitioners, such as yoga teachers, massage therapists, reflexologists, and acupuncturists integrate reiki into their personal and professional practices. Reiki is also used in hospitals by doctors, nurses, and therapists.
Reiki is a complementary and alternative medicine practice and is NOT intended to replace traditional Western medical or mental health treatments.
Please seek the help of a licensed therapist if you may be suffering from depression or a mental disorder.
- Better Help for private online counseling
- Talkspace for private online therapy
- Crisis Text Line for the U.S., Canada & UK
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline for the U.S.
- The Trevor Project for LGBT teens and young adults